Subversive artificial intelligence is already here, even if we don't realize it

Subversive artificial intelligence is already here, even if we don't realize it

According to critics, the age of artificial intelligence is still far away, and even the term “AI” is a fraud. Behind the scenes, however, AI is already radically transforming our world.

At the same time, it is certain that so far no company has succeeded in replicating real human intelligence in a machine. But this does not mean that AI does not play a key role in business today. Artificial intelligence is already subverting the usual processes, even if we don’t necessarily notice it – writes VentureBeat. In fact, many businesses are facing a key turning point in the adoption of AI. IBM’s report on the state of AI (IBM Global AI Adoption Index 2022) highlights that nearly 80 percent of businesses are already using AI in their business processes or are investigating its use. This leaves only 20 percent of businesses using AI. But in China, for example, acceptance is even higher: 58 percent of businesses are currently using AI, and another 30 percent are planning to do so. IBM’s report also reveals that “the acceptance of AI is constantly increasing, its value is four points higher compared to 2021”. The vast majority of businesses are already enjoying the benefits of AI, and trends suggest that AI will only become more ubiquitous in business in the coming years. They are used to gain actionable insights, improve operational efficiency, understand customer behavior, reduce costs, and more. According to the report, the top barriers to AI adoption are a lack of technical skills (cited by 34 percent of respondents) and concerns about price (cited by 29 percent of respondents). Additionally, project complexity (24%) and data complexity (24%) are holding organizations back from fully exploiting the potential of AI. These barriers will no doubt decrease over time as businesses gain more experience with AI and mature in understanding how to use it effectively. In the meantime, businesses that embrace AI can reap the rewards and reach new heights. After the covid pandemic, the importance of introducing AI is also increasing. The pandemic has forced businesses to quickly find new ways of operating, and AI has played a key role in this transition. Businesses that had already adopted AI were able to quickly change and adapt to the new situation, while those that had not adopted AI struggled.This is likely to lead to an acceleration of AI adoption in the coming years, as businesses recognize the importance of being able to quickly adapt and change direction in the face of unforeseen circumstances. On the one hand, security has become a key issue in the post-covid world, and AI can play a vital role in guaranteeing security in many environments. Businesses are using AI-powered cameras and sensors to improve driver safety, fight malware, and more. On the health front, AI is also being used to control face masks and social distancing. Similar to the driver safety use case, these solutions use AI-based cameras and sensors to detect when people are not wearing face masks or not keeping the required distance from others. This helps businesses create a secure environment for their employees, customers and others. In addition to security concerns related to pandemics, AI can also help businesses improve workplace safety, especially in areas such as construction or manufacturing. For example, artificial intelligence can be used to monitor worker safety compliance, monitor equipment maintenance needs, and more. Most AI adoption happens behind the scenes, so many people are surprised to find that they are already using AI in their daily lives. For example, Google uses artificial intelligence to improve search engine results, enable intelligent ad bidding, power Google Maps navigation, keep YouTube content safe, share suggestions for Google Photos, improve the accuracy of Google Translate, and more.Meanwhile, Facebook uses artificial intelligence to match users with advertisers, rank search results, translate posts, and even flag messages that indicate a user is struggling with suicidal thoughts. Amazon also relies on artificial intelligence for a variety of tasks, from improving product recommendations to improving forecasting efforts. In addition, initiatives such as Amazon Alexa and Amazon Go, the store without a cash register, are also powered by AI. These products and services are used by billions of people around the world every day, yet few know that they are powered by artificial intelligence.

Hardware, software, tests, interesting and colorful news from the world of IT by clicking here!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.